Counselling celebrates over 35 years of
Personal Care Counselling using practical tools to help people solve problems, grow
in a positive manner.
Personal Care Counselling
We combine the practical conceptual tools of
Transactional Analysis with our skill and experience to aid people to make changes they want and
to accomplish their goals.
The main issues we address
- Stress Counselling: Working together to reduced the effects of stress, we evaluate
your personal stress level and suggest strategies as you develop
new skills for managing stress in your life.
- Grief Counselling: Every grief journey is as unique as the form, complexity, and nature of the loss. When you experience a loss, you can become stuck in a painful place on the grieving journey. In grief counselling we join as companions on this journey to aid people in building strengths as they experience the spectrum of emotions, behaviours and thoughts that arise.
- Anxiety, Depression: Using the practical cognitive and conceptual tools of Transactional Analysis we work with you to assess and manage anxiety and depression.
- Assertiveness and Self-esteem Issues: In counselling sessions individuals gradually build confidence through practicing assertiveness skills and making new decisions about themselves and others.
- Recent & Childhood Trauma: We provide a safe environment for managing traumatic experiences while increasing emotional regulation skills and self-care.
- Adult Eating Disturbances: We work with people struggling with disturbed eating and body image. At Touchstone, we help people to develop a positive self-image while managing emotions associated with these issues.
In addition to Individual personal care counselling, we provide:
- Counselling for Families: Using parenting
skills together with an understanding of developmental needs,
families can discover successful new patterns of relating.
- Counselling for Couples: We work with people who want to build new communication skills while increasing your capacity to express yourself and listen effectively. We help couples to discover their existing relationship models so that you can create the relationships you want.
- Adolescent Counselling: In an
atmosphere of respect and confidentiality young people can
explore solutions to the challenges facing them using a variety
of approaches including play, art and discussion.
Figuratively a touchstone provides a criterion to find the genuineness and value of something. We aid people in sorting out the gold and silver of their lives from the base metal. Touchstone indicates solid strength for people to trust in as they sift through the gold and metal, re-establishing their strengths and seeking their new initiatives.