Multiple stressors in our fast-paced, pressured lives have been shown to contribute to long term health consequences for women by Health Canada. Relaxation and stress reductions skills can be used to mitigate the hidden costs of stress to our health and quality of life.
In this class you can give yourself one hour for relaxation while achieving the following learning goals:
- Learn techniques for reducing stress on a day-to-day basis
- Practice skills designed to increase relaxation and improve stress-hardiness
- Experience soothing and relaxing guided meditations in a comfortable environment of mutual respect and support.
The benefits of regular relaxation include:
- feeling calm
- reduced muscle tension
- lowered blood pressure
- lowered heart rate
- decreased output of hormones that increase flight or fight response
- reduced perspiration
- breathing more slowly
- sleeping better (Davis, Eshelman, & McKay, 1995)
- raised immune function, reduced risk of heart disease (Goleman, 2003)
Where: Touchstone Counselling, 12084 211th Street, Maple Ridge, B.C.
Fee: $40.00 per session
To Register: Call 604 878-8044. Space is limited, pre-registration is required.
Using a blend of short lectures, experiential activities, self-reflective exercises, and group discussions participants can gain ideas and tools to take home that they can use daily.
- Understanding the power of strokes.
- The reasons people play Psychological Games.
- Learn about a tool for recognizing a Game; tools for getting out of Games in interpersonal relationships.
- Discover how strokes can be used to inoculate against Games.
- Learn to recognize the script system and understanding interlocking scripts between couples.
- A review of empirically based strategies which can strengthen and keep relationships together.
- Learn to recognize the healthy stages of development of a couples and understanding the needs in each stage.
Where: Touchstone Counselling Centre, 12084 211th Street, Maple Ridge, B.C. 604 878 - 8044
Registration Fee: $145.00
This class will be of interest to people wanting to learn about these tools for personal development, students of TA, and to people working in the human services field or corporate fields who want to add to their understanding of the theory and application of Transactional Analysis.
Class Instructor: Janice Dowson: BA (With Distinction), MA.
Certified Clinical Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst
Janice is one of Canada's principal Teachers of Transactional Analysis. Janice has achieved both Clinical certification and Teaching Transactional Analyst certification through the International Transactional Analysis Association's rigorous training and certification process. She has been invited to present seminars to international professional conferences, Alberta TA Guild, local social agencies' Board of Directors and staff groups. For over the past 30 years Janice has been teaching the practical tools of Transactional Analysis to counsellors, couples, children and parents. Janice will combine these three practical and powerful conceptual tools that people use to solve problems. Understanding the Games People Play and the Power of Strokes can be helpful with relationships at home, at work and among friends. Recently, Janice received an award from the Canadian Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council for her graduate research at Simon Fraser University looking at how contemporary women read and respond to eighteenth-century poetry.
Understanding Yourself and Others:
Introduction to the Practical Tools of Transactional
This course, known as the
TA 101 is accredited by the International Transactional Analysis
Association. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the
theory and practice of Transactional Analysis. TA concepts
provide clear and effective strategies for personal and
professional growth and change.
Cost: $250.00 (5
(ITTA 101 Certificate included upon completion)
NEW ADVANCED CLINICAL
TRAINING CLASS LEVEL 1
Janice Dowson is not currently supervising any Clinical or Teaching Candidates.
Please call (604)878-8044
for information or email: